Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

***Where is GOD when we are hurting?...***

Psalms 23:4 (KJV)

Yea,
though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
 I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.



We have all dealt with death and heartaches of
daily living in our lives.
Today as I reflected on seeing our precious
girl kitty Clhoe struggling to live
God brought verse 4 of the 23rd Psalms to mind.

When I got to the part 
"thy rod and staff they comfort me"
I ask the Lord, what does this mean?
Here's what he shared with me.

A shephards rod or staff as many purposes.
The end which rest on the ground can be
used to prode a weary or lost sheep along
back to its proper path with the herd.
Awe...
so when we are dealing with death and heartaches we
can know that in our time of grief and struggles
HE
is there to prod us back to Him.

But I loved what he shared with me about the *crook*
or top of the staff.
That part of the rod or staff is used to PULL
a sheep closer to the shephard.  Thus providing
comfort and protection during a difficult time.
HE
is pulling me near to Him when I am hurting
showing me how much HE cares about me.

Dear Friend,
I hope today that this will comfort you as you
walk your path in life today!
As HE has comforted me!

Be Blessed!
Lorena

1 comment:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lorena,
Your post title caught my eye because my hubby is teaching a course right now on, "If God Is Good, Then Why Do We Hurt?"
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him - Psalm 145:18. Your post is encouraging and I hope others will read it and find comfort too. Thank you for sharing it and God bless you as you go through this time.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi